18 June 2006

New Toy!

Mike got me an ipod! Yay! You can now add "pod dork" to the list of kinds of dork I am. I spent a couple hours last night transferring music from the laptop to the ipod and then creating a road trip playlist that's about 20 hours long. (You need tons of good tunes when driving through the middle of the country.)

This morning I felt the need to round out my collection with a few specific singles, so I went the the itunes store and bought some music. It's so easy and so addictive! You just click "buy song" and within moments the song is on your computer. But they don't show you a bill or running tab of how much you're spending. So, you click away, and then browse your new downloads and say, "Oh no! 99 cents a song times 20 songs!" Then you remind yourself that CDs often cost $20 and they usually have fewer than 20 songs on them. Plus, these are 20 songs that you really want rather than a CD that may have only 3 or 4 songs you like. I've fully recovered and I'm enjoying my new songs right now.

Today we have to pack our suitcases and make final decisions on what goes in the car and what gets packed up. We put the cat carriers and our suitcases in the car yesterday to see how much room was left. Not much. Mike needs to bring his equipment bag and we want to bring a cooler. It's going to be a tight squeeze.

It's just as well that we're driving because I think it's going to be too hot this week for the cats to have flown. The overnight low every night this week is predicted to be 75. The daytime highs are in the 90s. They'll be safer in an air-conditioned car.

No comments: